For more than 12 years, Mastering has brought learning full circle
Mastering is the world’s leading online homework, tutorial, and assessment system for science and engineering, designed to improve results and increase student engagement before, during, and after class.
- Before class. Instructors ensure students come to class ready to learn by assigning Dynamic Study Modules, reading quizzes, pre-lecture quizzes, and formative assessments that test students’ knowledge of the material.
- During class. Learning Catalytics™ and powerful Mastering media, such as simulations, Flix, and videos, integrate technology in the classroom to engage students and encourage critical thinking while bringing tough topics to life.
- After class. Students continue to master concepts through homework, quizzes, and testing that automatically assess your students’ comprehension of the material. Adaptive Follow-Ups assignments provide coaching and targeted opportunities for remediation, personalized to each student’s strengths and weaknesses.
Administrators, get help with Mastering—without investing your institutional funds
- Improves student performance and retention.
- Continuously adapts to each student’s performance, providing a personalized learning experience.
- Tracks and reports student performance against global, program, and course learning outcomes.
- Saves money. Increases efficiency. Demonstrates efficacy.
- Expand hybrid and online course offerings while maintaining course rigor and curriculum standards.
Our commitment to efficacy
At Pearson, we believe that learning changes lives, and that education should have a measurable, proven impact on learners’ lives. Pearson's Mastering delivers consistent, measurable gains in student learning outcomes, retention, and subsequent course success for more than 4 million students each year.